Why Use Belbin?
Effective Team Work Is Essential To Achieving Superior Business Performance
How does it work?
The Belbin Team Role approach:
- Collects self and observer feedback
- Compiles the information in a Belbin Report, which educates people about their strengths and weaknesses related to nine main Team Roles
- Facilitates teams using this information to help team members play to their strengths and manage their weaknesses
- Allows for improved communication, working relationships and performance
- Offers eLearning for more in-depth understanding
Who uses Belbin Team Roles?
- Individuals who want to become more self-aware about the contributions they make to a team and where they could improve
- Teams who wish to identify their strengths and weaknesses, to become more effective and achieve better business results
- Trainers, consultants, managers and organizations who want to get the most out of their people and create a collaborative, communicative culture
Our clients include: Best Buy, Wells Fargo and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Why Belbin over other approaches?
The Belbin Team Role analysis is a behavioral assessment rather than a personality or psychometric one.
Personality is unlikely to change, so to get individuals and teams working more effectively, we need to focus on the point where changes can be made: our behaviors.
Instead of only self-reporting, Belbin assessments also use 360° feedback to give people an accurate idea of how they fit into a team.
Data can be used on an individual or team basis, to support better business results.
How can I use Belbin?
What does a Belbin Report Show Me?
- Which Team Roles you have a preference for and which ones you may be weaker in
- How your team or observers see your strengths and weaknesses for each role
- Team Role feedback to help you play to your strengths
- Suggested working styles and placements based on your Team Roles
Compiling Belbin Reports within a team can provide additional insights to better understand and improve team dynamics and effectiveness.