Create a Belbin Team Role Map
Belbin Team Mapping is one of the most powerful team tools we use to get faster and better results from teams. By analyzing Belbin Team Maps, teams can create their own groundrules based on the contributions that each individual brings to the team. We explain Belbin Team Mapping in this short video, so that you can now use this tool with your own team.
How to Create & Analyze Your Own Belbin Team Map:
- Download the template to create your own Belbin Team Map.
- Fill in the columns with the overall role ranking for each individual on your team.
- Look for team role surpluses (half or more team members with the same role ranked 1st, 2nd or 3rd) and voids (no team member with the role ranked 1st, 2nd or 3rd).
- Identify potential team pitfalls based on these surpluses and voids.
- As a team, create a list of action steps to become groundrules for moving forward.
If you are interested in more information on Belbin Team Maps and Belbin Reports:
- Get your own Belbin Reports.
- Download a sample Belbin Team Map.
- Read a quick summary of the 9 Team Roles.
- Read the free Guide to Team Roles eBook.
- Contact Us to find out how you can best use Belbin with your own teams.
If you’re interested in finding out more:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Max is the CEO of Belbin North America. He brings a depth of knowledge and experience from his career in general management and consulting in North America, England, Europe and Asia. Max has assisted CEOs and senior leaders within client organizations with the design and implementation of Interaction Planning processes, team based organizational development programs and Lean Six Sigma initiatives.